Flexicare’s Urimeter is a sterile closed collection system with an integral measuring chamber directly above the in-line collection bag. The vertical drainage system and incorporated none return valves (NRV’s) ensure the measuring chamber empties fully once the reading has been taken to ensure accurate measurements especially with low urine output. The NRV’s also prevent reflux and minimise the risk of ascending infection.
Vented Valve System
- Maintains urine flow.
- Decreases negative suction and positive back pressure to improve flow.
- Reduces the need to manually clear drainage tube.
- Hydrophobic membrane allows air to escape on filling and prevents pressure build up while maintaining a leak proof seal.
Accuracy and Ease of Use
- Anti-Kink tubing attachment allows unimpeded flow of urine.
- Soft tubing for patient comfort.
- Clear and easy to read markings.
- Three chamber system making accurate reading of even small volumes possible.
- Smooth action 180° release tap.
- Integral hanger and straps fits wide range bed frames and straps can be easily removed if not required.
- Needle free sample port.
- Hexagonal cross section reduces surface tension, allowing flow when tube is level.
Reduced Risk of Infection
- Vertical drainage avoids need to invert chamber.
- Non-return valve reduces risk of ascending infection.
- The lever tap can be housed in the blue retainer when not in use to eliminate the chance of contamination and the risk of ascending infection from touching the floor.
Vented Valve & Needle Free Sample Port
Smooth Action 180˚ Release Tap
Enclosed Tap Retainer